Dear Student enrolled in a HMB course:
Please fill out this form to notify us that you have missed a test/quiz or missed an assignment deadline and have valid documentation to support this. Please read the questions carefully and be sure to correctly input the information.
Please note that this form must be submitted within five (5) business days of the missed assessment. If a midterm was on Tuesday the 1st, then this form's submission timestamp must be no later than 5 PM on Tuesday the 8th.
Please note that documentation to support your missed assessment must also be submitted within five (5) business days of the missed assessment. It is not sufficient to only submit the notification form and/or the documentation: you must submit both within the 5 business day timeline.
Please note that Reading Weeks count as business days; only when the Calendar says the University is closed do not count as business days.
Valid documentation accepted:
- Until further notice: ACORN Absence Declaration Form
- UofT Verification of Illness Form (other medical documentation sometimes accepted on a case by case basis)
- UofT Varsity Letters (valid for tests/quizzes only)
- UofT Accessibility Letter (must be within your accommodation's outline)
- CIC Notice of Test/Ceremony Letter (valid for tests/quizzes only)
- Graduate School Interviews/MCAT/etc. (please contact program office in advance to see what documentation will be required; valid for tests/quizzes only)
- Copy of Death Certificate of immediate family member/partner (provided this notification form is submitted within the 5 business day timeline, this may be submitted past the 5 business day deadline, but late penalties/no opportunity to make up a test will apply until death certificate is submitted and verified).
Medical documentation must be dated within ~36 hours of the assessment date. If a test is on a Tuesday, you must go to the doctor and get diagnosed either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. It must be within a reasonable time frame. If a Test is on a Tuesday and you do not visit a doctor until Saturday, the note will not be accepted.
If you have missed the 5 business day timeline, please reach out to your academic advisor at your college registrar first for advice. In certain medical situations, we will allow late documentation, but this is assessed on a case by case basis and significant documentation is required.
For any other reasons, please email email@example.com and inquire to see if they will be accepted as valid.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST FILL OUT THIS FORM FOR EACH MISSED ITEM: IF YOU MISS A MIDTERM AND A TUTORIAL FOR THE SAME CLASS ON THE SAME DAY (OR TWO ITEMS IN TWO SEPARATE HMB COURSES), YOU MUST FILL OUT THE FORM TWICE.
YOU CAN USE THE SAME DOCUMENTATION FOR BOTH MISSED ITEMS, BUT THE FORM MUST BE FILLED TWICE TO ENSURE YOU RECEIVE THE NECESSARY RE ACCOMMODATIONS.
Please submit this form for every missed assessment in every HMB course you are using this documentation for separately; please re-start the notification form from the beginning (i.e. submit this form, then click the entry link to the survey, and start a new response). Thank you!